View Single Post
Old 11-29-2017, 10:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sweetiepie32

Finally going to ask for help

Okay, so first time posting on this site have been lurking around on here for 2-3 years now. Reading through stories that have helped me not feel so isolated in my addiction. I’m a 29year old woman who has been struggling with addiction to alcohol for the last 4-5 years and no longer want to live this way. My quit day is 12/1/17. I have had many quit days in the past and have never made it past probably 3 weeks sober …. However at any rate I’m now ready for a change, alcohol has caused many negative affects in my life and I’m ready to leave this beast behind. I use to have such thick curly beautiful hair…never put it together a few years back when my hair began to get so dry and brittle that it was from the alcohol. I’ve also recently put on 20 pounds in a few short months…though my increase in carbs is largely to blame for this alcohol is of absolutely no help. I’ve been debating on weather to do rehab…..or get just get a therapist and try to kick the habit on my own….. I haven’t yet decided. For sure I know that depression has recently been a big monkey on my back…. some days I find it extremely difficult to leave the house or even get out of bed. On top of this I have been drinking a lot more recently and even called of off work today because I was to hungover….and my brain felt too foggy to be able to accomplish and productive task…. plus I was experiencing anxiety like crazy.…. ☹ I may try to schedule a rehab assessment soon…. I just feel like Im cheating myself in life right now by coming home most nights and drinking myself to a somber…. I’m at the place in my life where I should be living my best life…but instead I’ve let alcohol ruin it. Hopefully I can change that soon. Any encouragement, support or words or wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you for listening.