Thread: Payday Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2017, 11:30 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Sorry to read this sweetichick.
I know you are feeling miserable right now and probably don't feel like it, but if you want to get sober you have to put in the work... so, I ask the question... what could you have done differently?
Maybe getting out of the house to several AA meetings would have been a solution, or the solution for next time. You would be somewhere focussed on getting sober AND away from this friend of yours.
I still continue to press on about calling the rehab centre. For information about a stay, but at a minimum an appointment with the psychologist. An appointment with them is not going to just happen, they are not going to call and seek you out, YOU have to be the one to make the call. I would make that a top priority.
What made you not come on here before drinking? And trust me, I've been there. Often it was just that I wanted to drink and didn't want anyone talking me out of it. Was it that way for you?
You\ve got to want this sweetichick, you've got to want it and, more importantly, do something to make it happen. I too was stuck in the cycle of just waiting for it to magically happen. I was stuck there for a very long time, so I understand you and do not judge you. But only when I actually started doing something- a lot of things actually- did any real sobriety happen for me.

Let's get back at it, what do you say? Enough of the wine. Stop now, as hard as that is. You can do it.