Old 11-27-2017, 11:57 PM
  # 328 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

Jethro went to the doctor at the VAH yesterday!

Looks like he's going to need exploratory surgery! ARGH! The doctor he saw today called in another doctor to look at his X-rays. The tendon isn't showing signs of major problems! Say WHAT? They said: "Usually when someone tears their tendon? There's also all sorts of other things torn up too? But he's not showing any signs of it! ACK!

It does show he's bone on bone with his knee, but they don't want to do a knee replacement. It limits range of motion and he's too young to go thru that now. But there's NOTHING they can put between the bones to ease the pain. Well what the Hell?

So he has to go back Tuesday to see another doctor! I guess one that's more experienced? Looks like the PROFESSIONAL, which is the civilian doctor knows what he's doing? These doctors at the VAH are going to just guess at what to do until they get in his knee to actually see what needs to be done?

I really feel for Jethro! He just wants his knee to stop hurting! Whatever that takes to make it happen? He's super tired of just sitting around or having to walk slowly by sliding his leg along.

I've been trying to be careful about doing things so I don't end up injured also while we are dealing with his injury! Well be damned if I didn't try to put myself in the large recycling trash can the other day! Accidentally of course! I had the lid down when I tried to move it forward 2 feet! Only two feet! Well the whole thing tilted and flipped towards me while I was hanging onto it. I crashed HARD! My right hand and left forearm took the worst of the fall. My right hand looked like I was wearing purple rings on every finger from the bruises. My left forearm was all scratched and bruised. And who was standing there watching? Jethro and all the chickens! Jethro said: "Way to go grace!" Then he said: "Are you okay? Really! Are you okay?" I said: "I'll survive!" The following day I was so stiff and sore? I couldn't hardly move. My right hand was swollen and my thumb wouldn't stop twitching. Thankfully! The bruises are all gone now, the swelling is down and the twitching has stopped.

I managed to get all of Daniel Boones towels and blankets washed the other day. I picked up all his meds and bandages to put away too. It was tough! He had been a part of our lives for 8 months and always wanted to be with one of us. So his presence and little Goose sounds are sorely missed!

Jethro isn't taking the pain meds as often as he's allowed. He knows he's an asss when he's on them. He'll go off on me and then he'll turn around and start doing things to help me out w/o me asking. He always knows he's messed up by the way he's treated me. It's the damned pain pills that makes him go off like that though. Sigh! So he remains in pain to avoid treating me badly!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD