View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 07:04 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
SarahBear

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
I agree, while it may be codie of him to enable these situations, it's YOUR codependence that really speaks loudest in what you shared.

If you aren't married, isn't his money his to do with as he pleases? How is it your issue to control or manage? While I can understand being irked if he complains about a situation he's self-creating & how irritating it can be when we see someone consistently make the wrong choice - but it doesn't make it any less his right to make bad choices for himself if he wants to. It's messed up, but people self-sabotage in all sorts of ways.
Good points you brought up. What do you mean mine codependene with him speaks the loudest? I bought the issues up because it’s not something I would put up with if we were married. Knowing that he freely gives to his friends when they rarely give back irriates me to the core. He’s a complete doormat giving in to other people’s needs before his own.

He knows how I feel about it. And then my boyfriend complains about his money troubles but allows his friends use him financially