View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 06:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Jek1126

Originally Posted by Anna View Post
Jen, this is the tough part of early recovery. This is the time when you have to make decisions that might change your lifestyle. Have you told your husband how you feel about this couple coming over to visit? If your husband wants to spend time with the couple and drink, maybe you could consider going out and doing something else? The fact that you say these people would not likely come over if you weren't drinking says a lot. This is a time to bring people into your life who will support you and lift you up, people who want to spend time with you.
Thank you for taking the time to respond. What you said about these people not wanting to come over if I’m not going to be drinking with them...as I was writing that, I kind of cringed a little bit. It really made me think about the people I have in my life and whether or not they’re good for me mentally. Maybe sobriety will make me rethink many things, but the people I surround myself with might not be the best thing for my recovery. Lately I’ve been noticing a lot of the “friendships” I have revolve around alcohol. I don’t even know if I would like some of them sober or if we had anything more than drinking in common. Sobriety is becoming more than I ever imagined it would.