Thread: Payday Tomorrow
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 11:34 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Originally Posted by AnvilheadII View Post
and so what is your PLAN to not TAKE that first drink? to date, nothing seems to have helped you achieve lasting sobriety.
For a start sweetichick has come here and posted about an event of concern BEFORE it has arrived, I'd call that progress.
Awesome stuff sweetichick, good for you for recognising that payday is going to be an issue- as it has been for you in the past and is for others. You have recognised that and reached out here, that is definitely a step in the right direction. You also know from experience that now, just not doing anything else, is not the answer, so what can you do to take this a step further?
I think that you are right that hit is the first drink. That is the case for all of us alcoholics. Once we have just one it is down the hole we go and we are back to square one.
What about looking up AA meetings for tomorrow? Keep yourself busy with recovery work instead of sitting around and thinking about the new influx of spending money you have. You could use tomorrow to try out multiple new meetings. You can come on here and post all day long for support. Get your bills paid right away. What about spending the money on something positive for you? Set up that appointment with the psychologist and pre-pay. Go get your hair done. Go on a good food shop and get some really healthy foods.
It is not always going to be this hard sweetichick, you just have to get out of the cycle. And I believe you can.