View Single Post
Old 11-26-2017, 10:06 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ilovepi

Hey there and welcome!

Congrats on the 27th day of sobriety. Yeah. I think you have a problem with drink. Only you can really make that decision though. It doesn't matter if you drink 3 glasses of wine three nights a week ( How I started, relatively normal amount) or if you drink 2 L of vodka in 12 hours (How I ended a few years later). If drinking is causing problems to your health or any aspect of your life, you have a problem with alcohol.

I started out just like you. At the time, I was in relatively good health and a healthy weight, I had a good job, excellent credit, a pretty decent amount of savings for someone in their late 20s, and was happy just to tip back a few here and there.

One year after I started drinking, I went to rehab, just to dry out and get my antidepressants adjusted. Least I thought that's all I needed to do. When I told friends and family, only a few really believed me. My own mother even asked me, who I don't have a good relationship with anyway, why I was taking time off for making money, why can I just go get sober for a couple of months on my own. Came back, started drinking every day immediately. Got sober four months later for 10 months, then relapsed for about six months… trying to get sober again.

I still have a decent job at the same place, but I think that's just by luck in a very understanding HR department. I'm overweight and my credit is horrible. I have no savings and I'm living paycheck to paycheck.

I don't want to see any of that happened to you or anybody for that matter

Look into AA meetings. If you're not ready for that, hit up a search engine and look for groups in your area that do things that you like. Restaurant meet up's, boardgame groups, book clubs.

A lot of people think that you need to be jobless, friendless, homeless… You would be surprised how many people are not in this predicament, but they have a serious drinking problem. I'd say the majority of people that are heavy alcoholics work every day.