View Single Post
Old 11-25-2017, 04:57 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
August252015

Another vote for this being completely normal!!!

My symptoms went on for much longer than two weeks as I was VERY sick when I finally quit drinking. Still, at 21 mo, I always have at least one beverage on hand and I drink a LOT of non-caff bevs a day (I have almost totally limited my coffee to the morning and sometimes a Diet Coke during the day) - I also keep water by my bed.

Sleep is still a big thing with me and it's just something I monitor as far as HALT goes, when I get up in the morning, to keep an eye on how smooth or rocky it is...and I still nap - I do look at this as mostly fatigue (I get up about 5 and expend a lot of energy during the day, including an hour to 90 min of hot yoga, another reason for all the water!) but also check myself when a nap is more than that (say, four hours! it happens) and something emotional is going on.

I elaborate like this to say that our experiences are all similar, and yet each of us has our own path, including physically. I know that the things I "struggle with" - going to the bathroom all the time, getting anxious if I don't have a bottle of water handy, waking up really early and being ready for bed by 8 a lot of the time....it's A OK with me. Life is infinitely better sober and I bet the longer you are sober, the better it all feels for you too!

Keep going!