View Single Post
Old 03-20-2003, 10:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
lyn_blossom78

Highmtn:

My husband is an alcoholic, and my father was an alcoholic (I was taken away from the home when I was 13). Both of them violent. My husband has never hit me, only pushed me, but I think he would, if I didn't have this inborn need to hide when he's violent (from doing so as a child).

When he comes in late from the garage, he is beligerent and does these dumb things. Now, I don't think he remembers exactly what he did (unless he has evidence of it, and then I'm not sure if he just assumes he must have been the one who did it) but when he wakes up the next morning, he is very (shall I go so far as to say) sorry. He acts like nothing ever happened, and is veeerrrryyy nice. If I act like nothing happened, he stays nice, and all is well. If I act mad about what he did, he puts on an attitude of "hey--whatever I did was probably deserved by whoever I did it to, so deal with it.

The really irksome thing for me is having to repeat every conversation. We watched a very "important" football game a couple of months ago. It had some very significant situations in it, that he would have loved to have talked about to his friends, and he didn't remember any of it! I had to replay the whole last quarter (and overtimes) for him! Then he "remembered" them. Drives me nuts!

Also, I have the same problem with the computer "eating" my messages and them not being posted (does anyone else?) What I do is before I send the message, I highlight it, hit Ctrl-C (copy), and then try to send it, and if it doesn't send and gets eaten, I just start over and hit Ctrl-V (paste) and I've been able to save a lot of time. Before I started doing this, I was living in frustration! :asmd:

Lyn