Old 11-21-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
MindfulMan
No Dogma Please

Originally Posted by Stevie1979 View Post
I've been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder. Largely stems from all types of abuse from the ages of 13-20. I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. My depression has actually already improved since my last drink. I'm very thankful for that!

So, short story long..I'm having severe anxiety with attending AA meetings. I went to one a week ago and did like it. Since then my social anxiety has gone through the roof and I have felt paralyzed at the thought of attending anothe
Are you getting any medical treatment for the anxiety/social anxiety and BPD?

Do what you need to do regarding AA. I found it useful for the community. Remember you can sit in the back and just listen, if asked to share nobody will judge you if you say pass.

AA isn’t for everyone, nor is working the steps. But do some sort of group thing.

Originally Posted by oldmate View Post
Panic attacks are a nightmare If you talking about having a drink then going to the meetings? is that what you mean? i dont go to meetings but it does sound a bit counterproductive.

When my anxiety was real bad (first time i quit) i got my motorcycle license.
the bike scared the hell out of me more than any person or situation could.

I'm not saying go scare the hell out of yourself but maybe try something new
out of you comfort zone or some exercising ?
Funny, I just decided yesterday to get a motorcycle and license. How hard was it to learn to ride? Do you think that it would be easier if you’ve driven a manual transmission car all of your life?