Old 11-21-2017, 07:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
SmallButMighty

Originally Posted by Lostbirdie View Post
My story may not as heartbreaking as the stories I have read in these forums, and to be honest, I don't even know if it would be classified as an addiction or a user, since he would do it once a month, but incrasinly to every 3 weeks in the last 3 months...but all I know is that I'm hurting so bad and I really dont know what to do..

How could he lie to me so easily? How could he see the pain and tears in my eyes as I would talk to him about it and he would just say " you still have a hard time believing me dont you?" I feel so numb. I just want this breakup pain to go away...
If someone else's substance abuse is a problem for YOU then you ARE in the right place no matter whether they are an addict or not. This safe place isn't about THEM, it's about you and how you feel and react to the situation you find yourself in. I am glad you found us. I hope you stick around.

I am sorry you are feeling so much pain right now, break ups suck no matter what.

Almost every single addict will lie and then manipulate your feelings when you don't trust them any more. Like it is somehow your fault that they lied so much you can't believe a word out of their mouth any longer... I'm very sorry you've had to experience this. I know first hand how awful it is. I lived it for many years.

I don't have any magical advice to make the pain go away. It takes time, usually much more time than we want it to.

*hugs*