Thread: I'm finished
View Single Post
Old 11-21-2017, 06:44 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
asixstringnut

Originally Posted by Dusk View Post
Hi all
Was here a couple of months earlier with a mindset...I'm off alcohol.i stuck to reading the forum articles n all.most of all I enjoy reading the recovery stories.i marvel at all those who made it thru.i even wonder how they made it.i don't post ....but I do read all.however my day 1 remains day 1 forever I guess.im so weak with a meagre will power n self control.i wish u guys cud give me a magic pill...I wish things many things beyond impossible.i live in a place where there are no AAs n all that.even if they were here I cudnt possibly make myself to go there....hail holy queen people will Kno I'm an addict.i drink watever I can get hold of n wherever..I drink n drive...I drink n go to work(pssst I haven't been caught yet)I'm horrible...I hate myself.pls pls pls help me
Dusk
I can so relate to your post. Thank you for posting it. I like you have tried to quit so many times that I honestly have lost track on how many day ones I have had.
I am on day 21 today and it is better but it is a hard road to walk.
I have finally figured out that if I pick up a drink again it could be the one that kills me. If I drink I might never make it back to this site.
You can do this but you have to want it more than you want that damn drink.
Best of luck to you. Keep posting and reading. There is a lot of help and support here.

asixstringnut