Old 11-21-2017, 03:45 AM
  # 297 (permalink)  
Getbetter72

Soul: I'm glad you enjoyed the scriptures. Do yourself a huge favor please. Go find a church. Please. Try each one 3 times until you find the one that truly speaks to you. It is one thing to be a believer but another entirely to go to church, feel His presence with other worshipers. You cannot imagine the power that God can grant you with regard to sobriety. I had struggled for over 20 years and in the span of mere moments on Sunday, 11/5, God's mercy and grace washed over me. I forgave myself that day. I have not had any urges to drink at all since that day. None. Zero. My anxiety had diminished significantly. I am more confident than I have been in a very, very long time. I have not cycled my mood. Please at least consider it. Or how about this. Listen to sermons if you don't already. I go to Acts church about 10 minutes from my house. You can watch Pastor John's sermons, or listen to them, at this link. Please check them out. Again, give a few a chance to make a judgement on what you think.

Sermons - Acts Church

Pray. Read. Maybe get yourself a reading plan for the Bible.
There's a great book called Armed and Dangerous that I'd like you to check out. It is a small inexpensive book that has sections devoted to different issues like alcohol, depression, worry, etc. In those sections are selected verses that address those issues. The verses are from KJV. I read the NIV translation so I look at the verse in the book, read it, but then read it in the translation with which I am more familiar. Its available on Amazon but I also found it on eBay for cheaper and with free shipping.

Armed and Dangerous (Ephesians 6 Straight Answers from the Bible; Inspirational Library) by Ken Abraham (Author)

Please message me if you want to talk more about this.

Last edited by Dee74; 11-21-2017 at 04:13 PM. Reason: no commercial links please