Thread: I'm finished
View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 02:31 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
SoulShine8
O-n K-a-r A-r-r-e-s-t

I drink n drive...I drink n go to work(pssst I haven't been caught yet)
I am currently in the personal hell of a DUI... please don't drink and drive and get caught or worse.
You do have one thing on your side - this place. Here you will find people more understanding than anywhere else cos they (and I) have been through similar things. You aren't alone.
Do one thing different this minute, this hour, this day and then keep stacking things that take you away from drinking. Make it through one day, then open your eyes and make it through one more.... keep going. Most people find it good to post. If you don't have a lot to say, you can still post in the gratitude threads, the monthly threads, the 24 hours sober thread. Do a check in to keep yourself accountable... read here a lot!! You may find out some things that are not helping you to get away from the vicious circle of drinking such as PAWS, sugar, triggers, etc. (everyone is different).
I understand about not wanting people to know. That's ok... you don't have to publicize it in some grand way... you just have to deep down, honestly own up to it to yourself.. and then want to do something about it. I don't go to AA (not that it isn't a wonderful thing for some - it just isn't my cup of tea). You can start your own plan. Or if you have severe or hindering withdrawal, get a doc that will help you.
Sending you good vibes and congrats --> on day 1!!