View Single Post
Old 11-20-2017, 10:47 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
chiquen81

Originally Posted by Berrybean View Post
Yes. I went through a horrible few months where my mind just seemed to grab at every past hurt or fear or resentment and replay them over and over, along with a good dose of shame to add to my self pity. Every night I prayed that I could just die in my sleep. Every time I ws alone the tears would just course down my cheeks. My drive to work was the worst and I'd literally have a wet lap from tears by the time I'd got to work. It was bleak.

My personal turning point was getting a sponsor and working the 12-step recovery program of AA. It helped me deal with all that old 'stuff' that I'd managed to drown out with alcohol for years.

It might be worth having a read of this article on PAWS, in particular the bits of it about action that can be taken to alleviate it. (Just knowing what it is doesn't stop it feeing rubbish). https://digital-dharma.net/post-acut...r-immediately/

Prayers going out for you today Kate.

BB
I cried so hard on my way to work this Monday morning. Wow, it was good to see that this wasn't just me! It was just terrible and I wanted to turn around, go home and hide under my covers all day from the world.