Old 11-20-2017, 05:48 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Mango blast

How are you doing today?

One thing about traditions that I didn't notice before is they can be like chains. It's okay to break free from past actions and do new things. New actions bring new energy to life.

New actions can be enjoying the holiday, with or without my husband... with or without other family... with or without incorporating old ways of acting.

This year I found a church that has Wednesday night service, to celebrate in my way an old Thanksgiving custom from the Netherlands I just learned about. Something very different for me!

Many of the Pilgrims who migrated to the Plymouth Plantation had resided in the city of Leiden from 1609–1620, and had recorded their births, marriages, and deaths at the Pieterskerk (St. Peter's church). To commemorate this, a non-denominational Thanksgiving Day service is held each year on the morning of the American Thanksgiving Day in the Pieterskerk, a Gothic church in Leiden, noting the hospitality the Pilgrims received in Leiden on their way to the New World.
This Thanksgiving will also likely involved egg nog and pumpkin pie for me and DS10... but perhaps for breakfast! If I want different in my life, I want it to be fun.

(((Hugs)))

KTF