Old 11-19-2017, 05:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
LBrain

When we finally awaken to the reality of being an alcoholic, it can be devastating.
We sometimes feel a sense of despair among other feelings. I'm sure no-one is elated when they finally come to grips with knowledge "I am an alcoholic."

One thing we must do is make a decision. And that is to stop being an alcoholic - yeah once an alcoholic always an alcoholic I know. But as long as we do not pick up another drink we will not be an 'active' alcoholic.

Look forward to the positive changes that will occur as you move forward without alcohol as a burden. There is work to do yes. But the longer you refrain from using alcohol the more distant the pains of the past will become. And the more positive you as a person will become.

Beginning a life alcohol free can be like a couch potato who ate chips and cupcakes and drank big gulps while watching tv all day long who finally decides to change his life. No more chips, cupcakes and giant sugary soda drinks, get off the couch, and go to the gym. They improve their health, their outlook and their desire to live again. Same with those who have fallen into the alcoholic way of living. Put it down, get healthier, and live again. Life is so much better not thinking about the next drink, or the last one that caused you despair.

Finally admitting we have a problem is only the beginning. Doing something about it takes a commitment beyond anything we have ever endeavored. Once you make that commitment, it becomes so much easier to achieve positive results. But it is an all or nothing commitment.

Welcome to the new reality. Be ALL IN for yourself.