Old 11-18-2017, 03:37 PM
  # 75 (permalink)  
24violets

Originally Posted by wpainterw View Post
It's well worth while to talk to a doctor and/or pharmacist about itching. I note that pharmacies customarily stock anti itch creams and other preparations, including, as one post said, powder which has a soothing effect. Maybe it helps to view these otherwise unpleasant symptoms as signs that the body is gradually recovering from alcoholism. And, having gone through all that is hopefully an incentive to stay recovered, not pick up and inevitably have to revisit all these symptoms once more. Thus recovery might be viewed not as having to give something up but as having acquired a valuable asset, freedom from symptoms such as these as well as all the other stuff which goes along with being a slave to alcohol.

W.
Oh my goodness this is so very helpful to me. Your response and all the others. I have been so itchy and felt like my skin is crawling. Tonight is saturday and I just had a whopper craving. I was even shaking. This reminder that 9 days sober is a gift not a punishment. I DO NOT ever want to go through this withdrawl process again!!! It has shocked me how incredibly difficult this is physically and mentally. I have tried to stop so many times in the past, by telling myself I would take a break. That I would try again to drink in moderation. Failed every freaking time. I am praying this time is different because I realize I can;t do moderation. One glass or I should say mason jar always tastes like more more more.