View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 10:33 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Originally Posted by greg198499 View Post
Bimini oh man that's soooo encouraging. I CAN do it in 3 days! I just can't get the shakes again at work that was insane!!

Latest update. Not puking. I do feel a little light headed but more like that feeling when you can't get to sleep aka me last night. Little shaky weird feeling in the AM more like the lack of sleep again. Def the anxiety going on. No desire so far to drink for pleasure. No shakes. 2 maintenance light beers.
If you are off for the weekend, that's three days, is it?

I have to say, I was shaky for a good week after quitting. I agree that food (specifically sugar) helps a lot. Keep food at your desk.

It's going to take some time, you're not to going to feel magically better as soon as you quit. That is the price of admission to alcohol dependency.

I didn't get a good night's sleep for about three weeks. Just stay the course, deal with the anxiety at work and know that anything is temporary, it will pass.

Originally Posted by greg198499 View Post
Is some of the light headed slightly almost want to shake thing perhaps related to lack of all that sugar I must have been drinking? I walked to the store to get supplies and felt a little off but mostly just sleep deprived. I followed someone's advice and got a chocolate bar and Gatorade. Instead of doing a maintenance beer I ate that and drank Gatorade and it did the trick
...and, yes! We cross posted That's how I got through early days, too. Lots of food, lots of carbs.