View Single Post
Old 11-18-2017, 09:58 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
greg198499

Thank you to everyone for the advice...I am taking information from a few places where medical folks give advice on how to use alcohol to taper off. I know most of you all are just telling me this is wrong...which I appreciate your concern but any advice for what is actually happening would be really helpful. I was drinking between 2 to 2.5 bottles of wine per night. Standard 12% white wine. So that means I was regularly consuming between 10-15 drinks a night. So yes I went down to 8 yesterday spaced throughout the day and never to actually feel any effect. Just every couple of hours. This is how I was instructed. Going to do 6 today. Then 4. etc. down to zero. I'm not sure how this is not tapering or is not helpful? Any day I'm drinking less getting down to zero safely seems like a successful day.

Next thing...I totally get how people who can't control how much they drink this would be hell...for me believe it or not as crazy as it sounds isn't really the case. I actually chose to drink that much as stupid as it sounds. I moved to a new city and my fiance is from overseas and we have been waiting and I'm just here on my own. I used to drink maybe a bottle of wine every few days for fun before. Then I was just here bored watching TV etc. and got into this habit of just drinking through my evening television/relaxing.

I'm no idiot I know 2+ bottles is terrible on the body but because of the amount...my size...the times I drank it...I kind of tricked myself. Apparently the amount I drank made it so I had enough booze in my system through the day that by the time I got back home I had no hang over and would just carry on. I never experienced the withdrawl the shakes a hangover nothing...now I knew what I was doing was bad but sometimes when something is fun we just do it. I never got to the point where I was like this isn't fun I'm just a slave to wine etc. I actually was enjoying myself....tricking myself because I never had any ill side effects...until when I adjusted the amount and schedule that I drank it and got the shakes at work. I total eye opener. So I can honestly say it is no more fun. I have ZERO desire to drink more than my schedule taper....all I care about is never having that feeling again.

Anyhow....I appreciate your concern...I really can control the amount for this process so any advice appreciated.