Old 11-18-2017, 09:46 AM
  # 91 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Hi, weekenders.

I am back)

GraciePearl – Welcome to weekenders. It sounds like your routine covers all the bases –weights, cardio and stretching.

Melsober – Congrats on 34 days sober and I hope you will recover soon from the surgery.

Bix – I can analyze-paralyze for an hour about 2 minutes worth task)

Purple – Kudos for making it to the gym! I hear you about being exhausted after work, but exercis-ing often helps to recharge. The body is amazing, it’s our mind we have to convince.

Tekink – “Not worry about a thing” – love your attitude.

Gilmer – Jocko is a former NAVY SEAL commander. He was the leader of Task Unit Bruiser in the Battle of Ramadi in Iraq. So, he knows a thing or two about discipline. I first heard of him about 2 years ago when listened to his interview on Tim Ferris podcast. His quote “Discipline equals freedom” really resonated with me then. Most of my life I looked at discipline as something totali-tarian and imposed on me. But if I don’t discipline myself and channel this “suffering” from my own discipline into achieving my own goals, someone else will discipline me, and chances are high in a way I won’t like. And that will be real suffering.

In case of sobriety – following a plan and staying vigilant requires discipline. But it does make us free.

As for exercising – by no means I was born with “sports gene”. As a child I hated any kind of activ-ity. I started doing horseback riding at 14 just because I loved horses. And I started lifting weights somewhere around 19. It surely took some time for me to develop this “gene”.

Vman – Congrats on 100 days!!!

LiveLikeGold – Have fun with your mop. Jumping rope is one of the most effective and calorie torching exercises. And 10 minutes is a lot to start with.

NorhernLass – Welcome and great job on 8 days!

Healthyandsober – First, so glad you are at 25 days sober! Regarding your job situation. I personally have never been able to develop that kind of zen as to pray for someone who takes her anger off on subordinates. I see it more like everyone has to manage their own toxic waste: everyone has issues, but, please, don’t pollute the environment.

Anyway. You still have control on how to react to the situation. As Echart Tolle says: “Either re-move yourself from the situation, change it, or accept it totally”. Use this anger to accelerate your efforts to find a better job. Let it motivate your to put extra effort into sending CVs, etc. And, above all, make sure you protect your sobriety by all means necessary.

Bimini – Love your eagles stories!

Upward - Get well soon!

I am having a quiet Saturday – boxing/kickboxing and work. I had a couple of emotional days this week, need to calm down.

See you.

Have a good one)