Old 11-18-2017, 07:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Marylew1999

Just found out boyfriend is an addict...help

If you knew him you'd never guess, he doesn't act out, pays all the bills, works hard. I saw something on the phone and allowed him simply if he was (because he has in the passed supposedly once in a while and promised he'd stop) he admitted it and said he was sorry confessed to me he shouldn't have promised me that bc hes addicted to drugs and doesn't know if he can stop, but is starting therapy to work through the problems that hes trying to get away from by taking drugs...he also has bad anxiety and depression.. he just started anxiety meds and his therapist told him it should help with his addiction.. he uses weed which i think is ok but now I know about cocaine and who knowswhat else? i don't know how to handle it and have nobody to talk to.. i feel lied to. I feel in a way like i don't even know him even though i do.. we've been together 3 years and living together for 2. I don't want to leave him i love him i want him to get the help he needs and wants. I want to ask him how much and what exactly all he does. I feel so sad and can't get it out of my mind.. i worry when he says hes getting weed or withdraws money i feel like our future e is compromised. . we want to get married and have kids in a few years How will i know when its over, is it ever really over? Anyone who has been in this spot please help.. hes never lied to me..he's a good person with a hard upbringing.. And he wants to stop.. but I'm very overwhelmed. Can therapy really help him work through his problems?