Old 11-18-2017, 12:43 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
Tiredofdrugs
RIP Maria

Hello everyone!

I took Jethro to see his knee surgeon yesterday! The surgeons assistant came in to talk with us and to examine his knee.

She told him his meniscus is torn and needs to be removed. By doing this it will leave him bone on bone in half his knee area. She said there's three options. 1st They remove the meniscus and drill holes in his knee to see if that will let new cartilage grow in place? He'll have to wear a knee traction for 6 months. 2nd They replace half his knee with a prosthetic knee which will last around 20 years. 3rd They replace the entire knee? If the latter two happen? He'll have to stay in the hospital for two days and go to rehab/therapy 3X a week!

I just want to curl up and cry or pitch an ever loving fit and then get back to reality! I don't know how I'm going to manage everything here and do all these extra trips with him each day until he's released?

I talked to my Mom yesterday and asked if she could help out with the trips and the visits in the hospital while he's there? She said she'd do what she could! I'd already told Jethro earlier: "I'm going to find a bus service to come pick you up and deliver you back home!" I might learn how to use Uber? LOL Knowing Jethro though? He won't go for it!

He's going to wait to make a decision after he sees the VAH Ortho group on the 27th.

Daniel Boones' legs are looking much better now. Just waiting for the large areas on his feet where there's scabbed over pools of blood to heal. Then I'm going to take him back to the Vet to see if she can figure out why he's not walking? Jethro sits close to where he's on the couch in his bed. He tends to him and pays him a lot of attention. They love each other! My two crippled guys right now. Sigh!

Everyone have a clean day!

TOD