View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 01:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
greg198499

Very Scared trying to wean off

OMG I just had a terrible experience...and before I get advice about medical treatment/rehab etc...that's not really an option right now.

I had to leave work shaking today...I thought I was going to pass out...I started to wean off of wine last night so I drank a bit less...work up feeling a bit better...proud I completed my first night of the weaning off...but it was what happened I started physically needing alcohol earlier (obviously I guess) and I was terrified. I know alcohol withdrawal is dangerous and I am also a hypochondriac sort of so it was probably a combo of getting a little shaky and that triggering my fear which turned into a panic attack...at any rate...rushed out to Chilis which was nearby and pounded a long island and back to normal....I'm done...never again...I went out and bought some beers....not even having a desire to drink them but to just control I guess the home detox......any tips? please only tips that are relevant...I am doing this at home...I have a job that I cannot go to rehab....anyhow....love to everyone going through this hell......all your friend greg.....im excited...im ready to be done just want to come down safely