Thread: New and scared
View Single Post
Old 11-17-2017, 03:50 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
oldwriter

Originally Posted by joandmelandhan View Post
Hi oldwriter and welcome to SR. You do remind me of how I was when I stopped cold turkey on 19th April. Various pains, total fear and worrying toliet habits. I spent about 3 weeks in a state of off and on panic about every twinge and yes I analysed my toilet habits like mad.
Nobody can say what damage you may have done except a doctor you know that but the only chance of healing you have is to stop drinking and take it off the table as an option for you ever again. The human body is an amazing thing and you have the chance right now to slowly undo the damage which you've implied is there. It takes time. We aren't very good at patience as a rule but time is exactly what you need. Every day away from that poison is a day closer to a better life.
There is a wealth of support and information on SR and I strongly advise you to grab this opportunity and go for It! Take care xx
So far so good. Night two a success. Worst that's happened so far is spotty sleep, and yet I got bored at about 4:15 this morning and decided to get up.

Really, all I need do so far is to recall my "toilet atrocities" recently to convince myself not to drink. Of course, it's only been a very short time, but I've got to start somewhere.

Thanks to everyone for your welcome and well wishes. Interviewed for a job on Wednesday so wish me luck. I need to get out of the dead end contract/temp work I'm in. Real medical insurance would help, though I'm feeling okay thus far. Even went to the gym yesterday and did bench presses and deadlifts.