View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 08:39 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
PinotNOmore

Predisposed notions

Last year I had quite a few predisposed notions about what life without alcohol would be like...
*It would be boring as hell. My social life would be non-existent because EVERYBODY drinks so I would be left out and miserable.
*Holidays would suck and be less special somehow because how can you be merry without the Bloody Mary's??
*My husband would find me dull and un-adventurous.
*Everyone would notice that I wasn't drinking and judge me negatively because of it.
*There was just no way I could go a whole year without drinking. It was just part of who I am.

Well... ALL of those things were proved incorrect because as of today,

I AM ONE YEAR SOBER!!!!

And...

* Life is ANYTHING but boring!! My social life is thriving. I do MORE things and go MORE places because I am never worried about not being able to drive home, or worried about being hungover every weekend morning! Also everybody does NOT drink and I rarely feel left out of anything!
*Holidays are soooo much more fun sober!! I go to every event, take my kids to do every activity, am never to tired, never forget to buy the necessary supplies, and get to REMEMBER every special detail!! Plus there are TONS of festive non alcoholic beverages to enjoy!!
*My husband recently told me "he's never loved me more". ❤ And that was in the bathroom, brushing my teeth, sans makeup and unbrushed hair at 6:30 in the morning!! Enough said.
*A few people have noticed I'm not drinking. They ask, I say it just wasn't a good fit for me anymore, and that's that. No big thing at all. People really don't care.
*TOTALLY WRONG!! I could make it a whole year!! I did. And I'm going to make it another one, and hopefully many many more after that!! Things aren't always easy. Sometimes I wish I could have a drink and forget my woes, but then I think back to a year ago... And the years before that, and force myself to REMEMBER why I wanted to quit in the first place. Things are so much easier and happier, and even when a little boring... I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!!

Keep trying. Don't give up. YOU are worth it!!