View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
BAW81

Hi mum - I went on a (blind) date a few months ago and during the beginning of conversation when I was asked what I liked to do....I was dumbfounded and also embarrassed that I had no immediate answer. I realized I had no real hobbies, just working and being a mom.

ANYWAY, it was the catalyst I needed to realize that I needed to figure out what I liked to do now. I used love going to concerts and running races years ago but life is different now....so after some thought I decided to sign up for group tennis lessons ( I used to play as a child), join a gym (for group classes), and re-engage with the church of my faith and join the mom's group.

It's still early stages but just putting myself out there for the sake of exploring is actually really nice. After putting my STBXAH's feelings/likes/dislikes/everything first for 9 years, I'm interested to re-engage and re-discover me. I know I'm not the same person I was 9 years ago and it's time I figure out who she is and what she wants and I'm hoping I might meet some new people along the way!

I hope this was helpful!