View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 09:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Runner4034

Same!! About the same time off alcohol and just went through the same hormone thing without booze to cope with mood swings. I definitely coped with food, as you mentioned. That obviously led to being bloated and feeling gross. A friend of mine mentioned that he drinks hot water, lemon, and organic honey everyday as a daily cleanser/detox. I did some research, and it’s supposed to also help with digestive issues and reducing bloat, so I gave it a whirl. I found that it really worked for me to cope with the physical discomfort. Not sure of the science behind it, and maybe it was all in my head, but whatever, it helped!

As for the mood swings, I dragged myself to the gym and to yoga with the thought “you don’t have to like it, you just have to do it” on replay in my head. It helped. I think also just knowing it’s temporary, knowing that it’s hormones and it will pass, and reminding myself of that was helpful too.

Not sure if that helps you, but figured I’d pass along since I just went through the same thing.