View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 12:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Apollo94

A step into new territory

Hello everyone,
I joined because I felt I would like some support in my continued abstinence from alcohol abuse.
I’m 6 days sober, and the main reason for that is because I messed up big here recently. I went on a binge with such a large amount of vodka and so quickly that it knocked me off my feet. I ended up having to go to the hospital where they told me I had drank an amount that could actually put me in a coma or worse. (I think the specific number he said was 449? But I’m not sure what that means.)
Anyway, I had to stay the night getting fluids, and then go inpatient for another 5 days, which was basically hell because I could barely walk and was puking and tremoring, and that brings us to today.
I’m feeling better, although I still have waves of anxiety (although that’s somewhat normal because I have an anxiety disorder).
Before all of this, I was drinking fairly steadily for about 3 years, primarily vodka and beer. Vodka was my drink of choice to abuse because it got the job done quick. The months before this happened, I was steadily drinking about a third of a gallon of vodka almost every day.
Also for reference, I’m 23 years old, 5’11” and 150 lbs.
So that’s a brief background! Hopefully this was the place to post it. Glad to be on the site.