View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 06:48 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Sparks720

My husband left me

My husband has been addicted to opioids for over 15 years. And cocaine for about 10 years. He was sober for years and we had a wonderful life and a beautiful daughter as a result of it. Last year he got a job where he had to travel a lot and he started using again. Things just got worse from there. He’s packed up his things and left me about 10 times and usually after 2-4 days he’s contacting me promising me he’ll change and he doesn’t want to lose us. Well this time was different for me. I begged him not to go and to talk to me and he wanted nothing to do with it. He took my food money and said he wanted a divorce. And then two nights later he was talking to another woman. I am devastated and feeling pretty broken. I’ve not been able to eat and I’m so hurt. We’ve had this fight countless times and this time he cheated on me. He told the woman he was divorced. And then denied the entire thing to me. So that’s the final straw for me. I’m done. I went to our local resources yesterday and going to file for legal separation or divorce in the next few days. I also called NA last night and the volunteer i spoke with said my husband hasn’t hit rock bottom yet and he needs to before he can think about healing. He hasn’t even asked to talk to or see our daughter in 3 days.
So I’m letting him go. I need to work on my own healing now. I need to get a job and start supporting myself and my daughter. I can’t keep putting myself through this with him. And it hurts so much because i love himnwith all my heart. We’ve been together for 7 years and I’m so sad to see him not well. Please pray for me.