View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:46 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Wholesome

Hi Freshstart! I'm downtown Toronto so no snow yet..... although it's been very grey and miserable outside lately. Good advice on staying busy and learning new skills. I had been teaching myself something, I was actually getting pretty good at it too, but I just stopped after I went on these midnight shifts a few months ago. There's no reason why I can't pick it back up again though. Funny my kids asked me why I'm not doing it anymore just this evening.

I keep saying no to people who invite me out lately...... or just not answering the phone or replying to texts. I should stop doing that and start saying yes again. It becomes a cycle where the apathy feeds on itself. I know that the only person who can do anything about it is me. I've got to force myself to get motivated and active again.

And through all of what life passes along to us, we remain solidly and resolutely sober. That is a treasure of our own design and labour, something that is uniquely ours and which can never be taken from us.

Ain't that the truth? Beautifully put.