View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 06:40 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mum22cuties

Originally Posted by FeelingGreat View Post
Hi Mum, you will feel better and I'm sure soon. A pity about him moving away for the children's sake. I can imagine what would be said if a woman made that decision.
Do you have any reservations about the kids visiting him?
Yes, he has supervised visitation so it will only happen if his mom takes them to visit. My kids are older, DD is a college student so she could actually visit by herself but we also have a 10 year old that would require someone to come with him.

I am having a hard time figuring out my emotions here. Us divorcing was the right thing to do as he is an alcoholic that has battled that our entire marriage. I left in July after it was apparent that he also had a drug addiction. I do believe he has stopped the drugs but I think in turn he is drinking more. I don't want him back so why am I having such a hard time??

I do think I am grieving the loss of my family. I was one that stayed for years because of the kids until the situation just became so bad I could not do it anymore. There was something that happened that was a total dealbreaker for me. This was something that I will not ever get over and it essentially is was what caused me to leave. Maybe I still have some unresolved issues towards that I don't know.