View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 03:49 AM
  # 488 (permalink)  
izzy8

Yes, I agree, it MUST be a "spiritual awakening",nothing else will do!

Because when I was describing the logistics of my thinking process, it isn't to play victim or say that I'm the only one with problems. It was to explain that my situation(s) have been overwhelming. Of many comments I have received in the vein of, "I don't know how you do it", I have had someone who knows me but that I haven't explained anything to, say, "You're the kind of person that lets life's difficulties make you better, not bitter..."

I'm also aware that I have so much to be thankful for. I remind myself of that much more than daily bc I certainly don't want the hard to rob me from all the good that is also right in front of me.

And I have REFUSED to let life beat me. But THAT has been my problem. It's been all about ME. I probably would have become an alcoholic either way- it had been lurking there all along. But my THINKING is what I was explaining that has to change- my foundational beliefs ... and knowing that I can trust God more than myself is the only hope I have, honestly.

The song usually has different words usually , tops- that's why you probably don't recognize it. it is usually, " I come from a long line of LOVE ...

peace