View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 10:54 PM
  # 487 (permalink)  
freein14

I love your analogy about the wedding, Tops. It made me smile because it described my thoughts exactly !

I firmly believe that there was some sort of spiritual awakening in my case - a sense that there is something much more powerful and greater than the "little me". I now have a sense that life is nudging me towards the Devine (whatever that might be), and the problems that I encounter are there to help overcome the barriers created by the ego.

Life will always throw up problems, until we no longer see them as problems, but just as another thread in a complex tapestry which is our unique life story.
I'm learning to allow feelings to be felt fully, and I've not come across any feeling that has been totally unbearable since April 2014! I know now that it is possible for me to cope with anxiety, sadness, fear, anger, loss, boredom, overwhelm and even excitement without having to "escape" from it.

Perhaps one day I might even get married again, without the subconscious thought "well, I'll try"

It's an interesting topic for discussion, Tops, thanks for bringing it up.

Have a great start to the week everyone.