View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 09:20 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
skyfullofstars

Going to bump this because I love this film. I always watched it when I was in one of my previous halfhearted attempts of sobriety.

Kirsten really reminds me of myself. I also grew up in a family where my parents were not heavy drinkers, my sister is basically teetotal, I was never interested in drinking. Like a sneaky spider it crept up on me and I was always in denial. Then BOOM, I was an alcoholic.

I had my own 'greenhouse' where I tore apart my parent's utility room (we do our laundery in that room) looking for the garage key where they keep the booze. They had locked it and hidden the key and I was convinced it was in that room.

Clothes and washing powder were everywhere, I completely trashed it looking for that bloody key. I never found it.

And Lillian, yes that ending is so powerful. Again no spoilers, but it beautifully and simply shows how the addiction is always with us.

Bumping for any newcomers, I highly recommend this film, it shows the highs of drinking...then the horrible lows.