Old 11-12-2017, 05:09 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
subwife

Originally Posted by tursiops999 View Post
Hi subwife, I'm sorry for what brings you here. I wouldn't tell you that you have to leave, as that's your decision.

Your husband's "reasons" for needing to use sound a lot like my old reasons. I have a stressful, demanding professional career, and chronic severe back pain. I thought I abused alcohol and pain meds for these reasons. Now that I'm sober a few years, I know that I drank and used because I was addicted, plain and simple. I still have a demanding career and back pain, but now I find healthy ways to manage these stresses, without alcohol or pills.

You don't have to put up with addiction.
Hi tursiops999,

Thank you for the reply. Question: how did you cope with recovery while maintaining your career? Outpatient after work hours? FMLA? What kind of time each week would one have to dedicate to a program to recover and for how many months? My husband makes it sound impossible but if others have done it, there must be a way. I have read the miserable part of detox from suboxone is at least couple of weeks and the post acute withdrawal syndrome (depression, lethargy, etc) from suboxone can go on for many months.

Thanks