View Single Post
Old 11-12-2017, 07:55 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
JScatt

Originally Posted by asixstringnut View Post
JScatt
I am one of those chronic relapser that you that you speak of. I have had as much a three years sober and I have had so many day ones that I have lost track.
I appreciate everyone who has reached out to me and not judged me for my failures but have encouraged me to keep trying. I have 12 days today and I am so grateful for those 12 days.
A little kindness goes a long ways and a little judgment can do lots of damage.
I guess I would ask you why do you let it bother you? Take the high road and try to be helpful.
Remember maybe someday you might be the one who needs the support.

asixstringnut
I never said it bothered me, I never said I've never relapsed nor did I say I ever will again.
I simply asked the long time members who have seen hundreds of people come and go on here if there was ever a time they lost faith in a person who constantly relapses and from reading all the replies I guess the answer is no and a lot of replies gave reasons as to why, which really helped me to understand how important support is.
I never said relapsers should be shunned and banished from this site or should just give up.
I did snap at Dee74 in a response to one of his replies but I have aopolgized to him and to all who thought this thread was out of line.