Old 11-10-2017, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Dee74
Administrator

not everyone will appreciate you giving up alcohol...and you might face some extreme peer pressure... To "just have one".

While at first glance it might seem easier to cave in, there are plenty of ways to refuse that drink.

Most people will understand why you're abstaining if you explain it, but there's always one who will try and press a vodka soda or whiskey on the rocks into your hand.

You could always get the bartender to make you a virgin cocktail. Tell those non-supporters there's rum in your coke – they won't know it's alcohol-free.

If the pressure gets too much, use humour to diffuse the situation. Most people will appreciate the funny side and back off.

Next time you want to refuse a drink at a party or at a bar try one of these lines and the punters should leave you alone.

– i took a shark bite to the knee and am on antibiotics, so i can't drink.

– sorry, i'm donating blood plasma to needy children.

– i've got to be sober in case gotham needs me.

– i'm training for the olympics. (when they ask what sport you're doing, of course divulge that it's synchronised swimming!)

– i'm doing an ultra marathon at 4 a.m. Tomorrow.

– sorry, my parole officer said i can't drink.

– no thanks, i'm high on life.

– chuck norris doesn't need whiskey to be a legend and neither do i.

– for all i do, i don't need a brew.

– flash a card from your wallet and say its a license to not drink.

Of course, don't forget your real reasons.

Reminding yourself of this should strengthen your resolve. After all, going alcohol-free... Doesn't mean you can't enjoy a good night out.

From FebFast.org.au
d