Old 11-10-2017, 10:57 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
WeaverBird
Keep Going

What a great post MidnightBlue. Thank you.

I didn’t even realise I was stuck til I read it, and I was out to coffee earlier with someone and that’s exactly what I was talking about altho I didn’t know it.
Six months sober and I am slowly drifting towards a financial cliff but I act like I’m powerless to change it. I guess I always was surrounded by movers and shakers, and that I am not. I just went along with their plans for an easy life. Now they’re gone, I really am like that bird sitting in the cage long after the door got opened.

What, am I waiting for permission?
Maybe my power was taken away long ago.
Maybe I fear that whatever I do next will cause the sky to fall down and I will be destroyed for sure.
Maybe I think I can’t achieve much now in the materialistic eyes of the world so why bother.

Anyway, great thread and nice to meet you all. Hope you get that nice cup of tea andyh. I know I’ve come lightyears spiritually in these months because two days in a row I’ve run into people actively engaged in very spiritual lives who have joined me walking the dog. It’s amazing to me they would want to spend time in my company. I like it.

The whole world has turned sunshine yellow with the fall leaves and I look forward to pulling the curtains each morning because it has quite an impact. There is a Persian Ironwood near my front door, the Parrot Tree. It has managed to produce leaves of every autumn colour at the same time. Gaudy and loud and magnificent! It won’t last for long now because the winter storms will be barreling across the atlantic to strip it bare soon. The weather I get here is born on the great plains of america mostly. Interconnected.

Anyway enough wiffle!