Old 11-09-2017, 11:35 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Tetra

Sometimes my consultant makes me laugh. Today I was doing his dictations after the clinic yesterday and in two different letters he came out with these statements which made me laugh and raise my eyebrows at the same time:

“I have told him that he is trying to get cancer by smoking and that he should stop”

And:

“She must stop smoking as she is effectively trying to get cancer by continuing to smoke”.

Hmmmm.

Things seem a little better in the office since I brought in a box of chocolates to share that I was given as a birthday gift. People do seem to react positively to gifts of food and also sitting down and sharing a drink and a snack together is kind of a bonding session. I have been trying my best to rekindle some of my lost enthusiasm for the job and I think my efforts are appreciated as when I got to work yesterday I saw some one had placed my diaries for next year on my desk. Then my consultant phoned me to say he will be off from something like January 15th 2018 - January 18th 2018.

Doesn’t time fly by? Also it’s interesting that he doesn’t seem to have any problems with me or my work and that whoever placed the diaries on my desk still thinks that I will be there in 2018.

I used to go out with a guy who told me “you are the softest, kindest, most innocent lady I have met in a long time”. There may be a grain of truth in that but I know I can be a bitch from hell at times also. But I really don’t mean to be.

Haha my uncle who gave me the chocolates also gifted me with a tin of “U.S.A. Biscuits”. If you grew up in Ireland in the 1980s you will remember those. My parents asked “which do you want to bring with you and which one will we re-gift?” I laughed and said “I’ll take the Heroes, thank you”