Old 11-09-2017, 02:50 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MidnightBlue
Sober since October

Location: In the world in my eyes...Somewhere I've never been before...
Weekenders Thread November 9-12: Get Unstuck

I have a question for you, weekenders.

Have you ever felt stuck? I mean really s-t-u-u-u-u-k.

Stuck to the point when it feels like the moment you stop moving some force immediately drags you miles behind.

And the solid ground turns into quicksand and there is zero power and motivation to move forward.

And everything seems to be the same. Nothing stands out and nothing appeals to you.

I am currently going through another stage of feeling stuck in life. Or, rather it’s not even a stage. More like I travel through a gallery of “I am stuck in” chambers.

I am doing my best to get to the next chamber ASAP.

I believe that once I get there I will finally get unstuck.

But once I finally force into the next chamber I see the writing on the wall “You are too late. You should have been here long time ago”. So, I am stuck again.

At certain point it makes no sense. What’s the point? And I have zero desire to move at all.

Recently I’ve been so stressed over the ordeal with banks and painful emotional flashbacks from the past and I’ve been haunted by dark feeling that nothing changes in my life.

Then I listed all the changes just within a year. Heck, there’s been a log of changes and progress.

Where does this stuck feeling comes from then?

I believe one of the major reasons for this is comparing where I ideally should be now and where I am.

Another reason is total disregard of internal journey vs. tangible achievements.

Let’s say I take on the journey to the center of the Earth. So, I go underground, endure challenges and hardships which forge and reveal better qualities of my personality. And when I show up on the surface again I feel like a completely different person.

But I am still at the same physical spot. Nothings seems to change here.

Does it mean I am stuck? No. No. No.

I hope I don’t’ get you lost in my meanderings about stuck-unstuck conflict.

The basic point is: if you feel stuck, ask yourself “Is it because I compare myself to some ideal scenario or other people’s success?
Stop comparing. Stop comparing yourself to “normies”, to peers, to everybody else.

No one will see your journey to the center of your pain where you will gain your freedom.

No one will see your struggles through dark tunnels of addiction and what it takes to get back to the light again.

Be proud of yourself. Listen to what your heart tells you about your next move.

And for those who is still considering getting sober – quitting drinking/using is an ultimate unstuck move.

So, let’s declare November 9-12 an Unstuck Weekend.

What do you feel stuck about? What do you think you can do to change it?

One, two, three..UNSTUCK!!!!!