Thread: First day
View Single Post
Old 11-06-2017, 02:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
whiffle231

First day

Today is the beginning of my journey to getting sober. I am joining this forum with the hope of getting support and encouragement along the way. I have been drinking heavily for about 5 years. I have fibromyalgia and after years of trying every pain management technique, I turned to alcohol. Unfortunately, alcohol got the best of me. I have been drinking daily for quite some time, and the amount keeps increasing. I'm starting to have health issues and just plain tired of feeling hung over every day. My biggest issue is that this has been my secret for a long time. I've don't have marital or family problems because of it. My husband knows I drink, but not the amount. I'm afraid to ask for support, because I don't want other family members to know I'm having issues. Is that a bad way to approach this? Another question is how do you get past the short term recovery? I've tried to quit in the past but can't make it past a few days without cravings and constantly thinking about it. Any advice is welcome. Thank you!