View Single Post
Old 11-05-2017, 10:00 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Bender

Now would be a good time to stop

I'm sorry you are not doing well. I had terrible stomach issues as a result of drinking and just worked around it. Blood coming out both ends almost daily for quite a while and it became my normal. Until I finally checked myself into treatment and got a little clarity I didn't take stock of just how much damage I was doing to myself. A 40 yo man in the body of an 80 yo it felt like. At 5 months I am physically and emotionally a completely different person. People absolutely die from this disease all the time. The "it will never happen to me" or "it's not so bad"attitude will ultimately be your undoing as it's already happening to you and it likely is worse than you want to admit. Alcohol is usually a slow killer but we are so numb to the effects before you know it...BOOM it's to late. Add in opiates and it's a recipe for disaster. But it's really up to you. No one's going to slap the wine bottle out of your hand. I met someone in rehab who had just lost there spouse from drinking and was admitted with sever internal bleeding. Literally a keep drinking and you will die (soon) situation. They made it through the 30 days in inpatient and 2 days out I saw them and they were hammered. What do you do for someone like that. It is truly amazing what alcohol can do to a person. I wish you all the best.