Old 11-05-2017, 03:20 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Meraviglioso

Openly evaluating where you are is a good start! But, "I will try and get to a meeting tomorrow" is not a solid plan. And believe me, I know how irritating those words of mine are, I remember well people pointing out to me the hole in my plan- or the fact that I had no plan to speak of and I just wanted to throw my computer across the room in frustration, "can't you see I'm trying here!!!!!"
But they were only pointing it out to me out of concern and desire to help, which is my position now- concern and desire to help.

Making a plan means not trying to get to a meeting, but planning out the act of getting to a meeting.

What time is the meeting tomorrow? How will you get there? What time do you need to leave your house in order to get there? Will you shower before? If so, what time do you need to do that in order to get dressed and ready in time? Where are your meals in this? You need not get too hungry or cravings might set in. What and when will you eat? What time will you take your walk? If the weather is bad what can you do for exercise?

What else can you do besides just showing up for a meeting? Participate? Ask for a sponsor? Get some phone numbers? Post on here?

What happened with the rehab centre and the counselling appointment? Did they not call you back? Make a follow up call. Schedule the appointment. While on the phone ask questions about the rehab centre. How long is the program? What is the charge? Are there payment plans? What do you need to bring? Do they have a website you can look up further information on? What is their first availability for a check-in?

You are doing really well to have four sober days, you are. Take solid action to make sure you stay this course.