Thread: 5 days sober
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 10:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
DavidF

5 days sober

I have drank every evening for at least 5 years. And almost every day for around 15 years. This is the longest I’ve gone in 5 years and I feel great. I found out about people on the internet doing “sober October” where they would quit whatever vice they had for all of October. I heard about this but it was already mid October. Of course I convinced my self that it was too late for October. So I continued drinking everyday and promised o would create my own sober november. I haven’t drank since Halloween. For some reason just coming up with something as stupid as sober November it has been surprisingly easy. Maybe it was because I set a date and had a plan. Right now I don’t even have the urge to drink which is soooo strange. Used to crave it every day after work. Gonna see how long I can go with this. But mentally I’m focused on not missing a day of this month. Hopefully this can lead to December and keep going from there. I came across this site while researching if my memory and brain fog will go away. That’s what I’m dealing with now.
Thanks David