Thread: Day by Day
View Single Post
Old 11-04-2017, 04:52 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
gslat12

Day by Day

I began this year with 76 days of sobriety. Unfortunately I tried to moderate which began the cyclical spiral of sobriety and relapse. Today as I entered my sobriety date into the calculator here I am about to finish 61 days. My main objective of this post is to convey hope. I took my last drink on 4 September. The physical withdrawals were over quiet quickly, but the psychological withdrawals were intense. For several weeks I struggled with depression, anxiety, and my OCD was off the charts. I thought that I was going crazy. On these days I literally had to survive minute by minute. I cried a lot. I prayed a lot. As the minutes, days, and weeks passed I re-discovered something that I had been lacking for quiet sometime. Hope. Hope that I didn't need alcohol to function, or to cope with the ups and downs of life. I am still new to sobriety, but I can now see a future without being comfortably numb day after day. If you are struggling right now please take hope that it will get better. Listen to the individuals on this site who have been where you are at this very moment, and have defeated this addiction. There will be days when you have to make a minute by minute decision to seek sobriety. It is so worth it! Keep fighting the fight. Have a great night/day.