View Single Post
Old 11-03-2017, 08:33 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  
biminiblue

Yesterday I had to go to the grocery store and there are ten of them within a ten minute drive from me. I chose one and decided to take back roads to get there because who likes traffic anyway?

I'm at a Stop sign in a residential area and turning right, so I kind of stopped and immediately started up again. Just as I did some young guy coming from the right and intending to turn left onto the street I was leaving had some issue and started to slide. Wheels locked up (his) and he spun, tires squealing. I was already moving so just kind of had to watch - and it all happened so fast - as these things do.

His car made a 240 and ended up exactly where my car had been less than a second earlier. It would have been disastrous for me, his front end would have crashed right into my driver's door. It was really surreal and serendipitous. He was fine, he continued around to 360 and then turned onto the street. *whew*

I'm pretty grateful today. I can't afford a car that's anywhere near as nice as mine is - and it isn't worth much insurance-wise. Never mind the injuries we could have suffered. I didn't have much of a reaction at the time - but it was so. close.

...and...breathe....