Old 11-01-2017, 06:38 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  
Rubaduck

I'll be honest, I've had a few moments where I thought I'd like to drink for (insert random upcoming event here). But the thought literally only lasts about a second. Saving money seems to be the easiest way to combat those thoughts for me personally. A minute later, the thoughts are gone. Very different to when I first attempted to quit. The negotiations were lengthy.

I think I had a dream last night where I was going to drink for a some reason. Somehow managed to avoid it I think. After being awake for a while I was very irritated that I hadn't tried to think about what the trigger was.

I'm going to take a different viewpoint to some of the earlier posts on this page. I don't need support at the moment, I'm feeling pretty positive the last few days. Support when I was feeling miserable in my first few days was nice though. But encouragement and team spirit will help (along with my self-determination) get me through November.

I'm happy to give support to anyone who would like it, though. To the very new people, I think I'm around the 10 day mark. My mood sucked in the beginning but everything seems to have settled in the last five days. Slowly working through some stressful situations, as well as cleaning the house and doing more for my family has given me something to feel positive about each day. Which gives me something positive to focus on when I'm trying to fall asleep.

Last edited by Rubaduck; 11-01-2017 at 06:40 AM. Reason: typo: dome -> some