View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 08:54 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
hpdw

Hi and welcome to SR ,

The old saying "you cant put an old head on young shoulders " comes to mind here . If I was your age with what I know now my life would have been so much different . I was a shy easily embarrassed teenager and alcohol it seemed to be the answer to all that . It did help for some time but please be aware that it will all change if you continue to use alcohol as a crutch . It seems you are struggling with almost anything outside your comfort zone which I really understand and am sorry you are . People WILL know you are drinking whether you think you are acting normal or not . Do you turn away from people to avoid the smell of the booze ,I done that a lot .

By coming here for support you will find many people currently or historically who have been affected or still affected by social anxiety .

In my experience drinking never took this away long term even after 40 years of drinking I was still a shy person in company .

My advice is to seek counselling or try AA and talk to your doctor but I guarantee you will go on a downward spiral if you continue to believe alcohol is the only way to function normally ,it will eventually take everything from you bit by bit .

Good luck