View Single Post
Old 10-31-2017, 06:14 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
hopeful4

I understand what you are saying. It may be possible for your teenage daughter to use their services however. I know of a teen girl right now who is using this type of service b/c of emotional abuse from her mother. It is worth checking out for your daughter.

I will also mention that I did not attend Alanon, but attended Celebrate Recovery. Many of them offer free childcare, and I know ours is quality childcare, not just anyone. They have had to be educated and it's very well monitored, and again, it's free. No pressure, just throwing it out there in case you would be interested in that type of face to face support. It helped me immensely.

Also, I am curious as to what part of St. Louis you are in that does not have UBER? I am quite familiar with St. Louis is why I ask. I agree, it would be better for your wife to take the UBER to the daycare than for her to drive there herself, and since you said it's not far, the cost would not be much. Just a thought.

Originally Posted by MCESaint View Post
Not to get off on a tangent, but no MALE can come within a hundred feet of a shelter because - here - they are to protect FEMALES from males.

Men who are victims of physical abuse - and when AW drinks she has physically attacked me (even kicked in a door that I had locked) - are just Shyte Out of Luck.

MCE Saint